2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer
You will assist the IT Manager in the design, implementation and support of the company's internal business and customer facing software and hardware infrastructure. You will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the IT infrastructure including High Availability, performance, capacity planning, maintenance, receiving and responding to alerts, systems backup and restore.
As the Senior Engineer, will assist the IT Manager in ensuring the IT team follows ITIL best practices and assist with the planning and implementation of current and future projects. This is a technical role whereby the holder will be expected to resolve issues themselves as well as manage other team members to ensure that SLAs are met.
The IT Senior Engineer will take responsibility for providing support to the end users and back-office systems.
The ICT Senior Engineer will have proven experience in the following technologies:
· Microsoft SQL Server
· Exchange 2013 - On premise
· Active Directory, Exchange,
· advanced networking
· Hardware Support
· Excellent communication skills in order to support both locally based and remote end users.
Network and Systems Management
· Provide 3rd Line Support and maintain the corporate software systems, ensuring that immediate action is taken to fix system failures, as well as ensuring that the applications are kept to their highest patch/release version
· Administration of VMware 6.x, VEEAM, AD, WSUS, Group Policy, Exchange 2013, ESET AV, Deslock encryption and SonicWALL Firewalls
· Maintain and support Always On Architecture consisting of:
o ARR clusters,
o SQL Availability Groups,
o IIS clusters,
o Network Load Balancing,
o Windows Failover Clusters
· Maintain the telephone system, managing hunt groups, upgrades and replacement handsets, call recording
· Provide Support to the ICT Manager for projects and implementations and test new software
· Ensure that Active Directory is correctly administered
· Ensure that the Asset Database is current and maintained.
· Resolve live incidents and features to ensure clients receive the highest levels of service
· Participate in the rota for out of hours support
· Responding to system alerts
· Documenting and maintaining procedures
· Ensure coverage of servers and client devices with Antivirus
· Ensuring monthly server and client patching is completed.
You will be required to be in the office 2-3 days a week minimum for this role.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!