Infrastructure / Application Support
An industry leading software solutions provider are looking for a Infrastructure / Application Support person to join their team due to ongoing growth.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure / Application Support person to join the team and play a key part in the ongoing support of the company infrastructure and applications.
The responsibilities of the Infrastructure / Application support will include:
- Provide excellence in Customer Service through professional and consistent support, taking ownership at 2nd line support level
- Support and maintain business systems to ensure 24x7 availability through monitoring, configuring and administering the infrastructure
- Maintain current knowledge on IT Systems/applications
- Act as a technical focal point for current and imminent projects where both internal and external customers are involved, defining requirements where needed
- Work with internal and external users to resolve issues through problem diagnosis and root cause analysis
- Use technical expertise to plan and implement system changes for the business
The Infrastructure / Application support will be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in an IT System support function supporting complex infrastructure
- Technical experience with Windows Server (2008 - 2016), Linux, VMware/Hyper-V, Networking
- Ability to identify and resolve poor server or application performance and capacity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively both written and verbal across all business levels
- Ability to organise, prioritise jobs and manage personal workload, working under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience of middleware integration with database (SQL)
- Unix/Linux administration skills using command line interface and scripts
- Experience working with Cloud Hosted providers and on prem IT Infrastructures
- Technical experience with Kubernetes (Beneficial)
- Minimum 5 GCSE's at C grade of above, including Maths and English with at least 2 A Level passes (or equivalent)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Infrastructure / Application Support to join a company who are leaders in their field as they look to embrace new technologies and processes to stay ahead.
This Infrastructure / Application Support role is paying up to £42,000 with 25 Days annual leave, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Private medical and Free parking.
To apply for this position, please email CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call on 02380 765301.