Agile; Scrum, Kanban
Remote / Work from Home (or Southampton, Hampshire if you prefer to be in the office)
£50,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Do you want to work for an established client in Southampton who offer flexible working hours, 5% Pension, on-going technical training, investment in staff and a lovely office atmosphere described by its current employees as "innovative company, hardworking and friendly team" in an "environment where people genuinely care about each other. Everyone is important and makes an impact on the business success." If so read on, they are looking for a highly organised Agile Lead who thrives in a fast paced technical environment. The successful Agile Lead will be responsible for identifying areas for improvements within the business, business analysis resource and support to all on-going projects.
An Agile Coach with us is about facilitating, coaching and enabling a small development team to adopt, operate and succeed in Agile Practices to support our software delivery of one of our market product sets. Working across small 'feature teams' the role will provide support to new agile processes.
This is a Scrum / BA role, 70% Scrum, Agile and 30% BA - you will be managing a small team of 8 (soon to be 12) and you will need to run the legacy systems but also manage the building of the new app and replacing the old in time. You will manage the legacy team as well as managing 9 on the new tech team bridging the gap between both. You also need to actually write and add users stories for the developers (not just distribute and organise them), contribute as technically as they can and build collateral within the team and work closely with DP and Gav. This is all run in Azure, DevOps so you will have strong knowledge of this.
Your experience will need to include:
- Proven agile framework experience (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ex developer, project manager or software delivery role
- Ability to present your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to train, coach, motivate and support development teams
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies
- Background in software development environment
- Strong understanding of Azure DevOps, Agile, Cloud Development
- Working within a CI/CD team/organisation
- Experience with working in/with a cross-functional multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in presenting to stakeholders, senior management teams, developers
- A user-centric mindset
- Excellent attention to detail
Responsibilities will include:-
- Teaching and Mentoring Agile Teams and supporting to enable teams to transition to an Agile way of working
- Enables the transition to Agile by working with the Development Team Manager and Tech Director to empower teams to develop an Agile mindset
- Provide a scrum-master (or equivalent framework) service for these teams
- Conduct daily stand-ups, retrospectives and other agile ceremonies (dependent on framework)
- Define the measurement system by way of identifying relevant metrics.
Support with creation of EPICS/User Stories/Technical Tasks as needed and run planning and task allocation sessions
- Updating the virtual agile planning boards
- Support and influence Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment principles
- Facilitating change in new ways of working
- Applying System thinking to expose bottlenecks.
- This role is working with our internal teams to successfully deliver projects, with occasional customer facing
You will need to be eligible for CTC Security Clearance for this role.
Please hit apply, send your CV to LesleyMorgan@SpectrumIT.co.uk or contact me through LinkedIN. Lesley Morgan, Spectrum IT Recruitment.