Automated Software Test Engineer (Java, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins)
Remote working / or office based - Southampton
£35,000 - £45,000
YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE SO EITHER A BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDER OR HAVE LIVED IN THE UK CONSECUTIVELY FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS, ANYTHING LESS THAN THIS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED
Do you want to work for an established client in Southampton who offer flexible working hours, 5% Pension, On-going technical training, investment in staff and a lovely office atmosphere described by its current employees as "innovative company, hardworking and friendly team" in an "environment where people genuinely care about each other. Everyone is important and makes an impact on the business success."
If so read on, there is an exciting new opportunity for an Automated Software Test Engineer to join there constantly expanding team. The Automated Software Test Engineer is responsible for identifying defects and process issues with the software and its design. This position involves close interaction with the development and functional team members.
The successful candidate will be working as a part of the Training and Test Team to understand requirements, software operations and flow, documenting test plans, test scripts/cases and test results. You will be working with product designers and developers at all stages to promote quality and producing test plans, ensuring they are followed and adhered to.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of designing, building and maturing automation frameworks from scratch, including Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- In depth knowledge of Agile, Lean, Incremental, Waterfall and V-Model methodologies
- Automated Testing tools (Selenium)
- Manual and Automated Regression and Integration testing
- Web Testing with Java - for BDD
- BDD framework creation and maintenance
- Maven, Gradle
- QTP, Quality Centre, Bugzilla
- Automated UI testing
- JMeter / Java BlazeMeter
- Ideally ISEB or ISTQB qualified
- SCRUM environment
Other key duties include:
- Producing and prioritising bug reports
- Running manual regression tests
- Verifying the load, scalability, and performance requirements have been met
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Executing test cases and documenting results
Please note, you must be eligible for Security Clearance to be suitable for this role.
To apply, and for more information, please send your CV now to email@example.com