Cisco Network Engineer
Southampton, Hampshire with flexibility for a couple of days remote working
£50,000 plus benefits
Networking, Cisco, Support, SIP, VoIP
CCNA / CCNP certification is mandatory
On call and out of hours support required
We are seeking a highly skilled and enthusiastic Cisco Network Engineer with experience in providing advanced Cisco Networking support to join a growing support team.
The opportunity is to work on a range of new products and features for a successful cloud and telecommunications services provider. This is a great time to join the business as they grow and look to invest in a talented Cisco Network Engineer who can help them improve their customer and clients' systems, telecommunication and various associated platforms.
You will join a small team of engineers and be responsible for all aspects of supporting advanced Cisco Network systems and infrastructure. You will have a proven track record of working in a service provider or managed services environment and have significant expertise in IP voice, Video and relevant telecommunication products. Your main responsibility will be to provide customer service issues, providing tier 2 and tier 3 support including liaising with suppliers and vendors as appropriate.
- Act as first point on contact for customers and partners that raise queries or support requests.
- Collaborate with all levels of the service desk, monitoring incoming incidents and service requests.
- Provide technical support for my clients' product portfolio and help trouble shoot voice collaboration problems
- Work with my clients internal ticketing system and be responsible for accurate update of system to record actions taken to resolve support issues.
- Liaise directly with suppliers, vendors and third parties as part of the incident management process
- Design, document and execute preventative maintenance routines
- Outside of core support hours, take responsibility for the receipt, resolution and closure of incidents.
Beneficial personal and technical skills
- Extensive experience with IP Networks (v4 and v6) and solid understanding of Cisco routing and switching technologies including VPN solutions.
- Practical experience understanding of BGP and eBGP as well as MPLS, IS-IS and other DC networking technologies.
- Sound understanding of telecoms infrastructure including managed DSL, leased lines, ethernet and voice
- Practical experience of configuring and supporting Cisco Unified Communications Manager as well as Cisco Hosted Communications.
- Comfortable in using desktop technology and have strong skills in Microsoft Email and Productivity Tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
The company has lots of potential for growth creating an excellent environment for career development opportunities and growing responsibilities. On offer is a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package and the flexibility of remote working for a couple of days a week.
To be considered for this position please send your CV through to email@example.com or call 02380 765 808 for immediate consideration.