Cloud Architect (Azure or AWS)
Fully Remote Working or hybrid office working based in Basingstoke if preferred.
A great opportunity for an expereinced Cloud Architect to help steer platform transformation delivery.
Our client is a British owned specialist in secure payment systems providing solutions to the UK's financial services and banking industry.
As a Cloud Architect working within Software Development you will be integral to the company's multi-discipline agile product teams delivering cloud enabled architecture. You will be leveraging your experience of moving applications to cloud to drive a platform transformation.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Support bid delivery with innovative solutions aligned to the product and architectural roadmaps.
- Provide technical leadership to support the objectives of the Head of Architecture through planning and applying structured strategic change to software products, influence development methods and approaches.
- Provide mentoring to members of the Software Development team - beyond the architecture team - on technology and ways of working aligned to the strategy and objectives of the business
Education, Skills & Knowledge:
- Solution design and architecture
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of cloud technologies, design approaches and application implementation using Azure (or AWS), PaaS and SaaS services;
- A strong understanding of cloud and software design patterns and their application to solving problems;
- Knowledge and understanding of Service Orientated Architecture, APIs, micros-services, containerisation and associated technologies;
- Experience of technical mentoring and in-depth problem-solving and associated communication skills;
- Experience of software development within an agile development environment, including implementing supporting tools or techniques;
- Experience of designing and implementing systems / software solutions that operate in a critical production / manufacturing environment desirable;
- Good data management skills across both structured and unstructured data with a sound understanding of, and experience of using relational and non-relational database technologie
If you would like to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org