Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Linux, Azure, Terraform, Docker
- Southampton, Hampshire. Hybrid (1 day a week in the office).
- £50,000 to £56,000 per annum. Full time. Permanent.
- 38 days annual leave, generous pension, flexible hours, training & development
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work within one of the UK's leading research centres. You will join a talented team providing the platforms and tools that enable critical research and learning in areas including; medical research, climate change, quantum chemistry and High Performance & Data Intensive Computing!
About the role…
- To lead project teams to deliver flexible and innovative cloud-based solutions to support research and enterprise learning.
- To plan & support developments by means of documentation, training, automation testing and providing third-line support to the teams.
- Propose new and innovative solutions to organisational challenges and strive for continuous improvement of systems, services, and processes.
- To automate the delivery of infrastructure in collaboration with architects and engineers to provide a sustainable platform.
- A strong understanding of public cloud infrastructure.
- Experience dealing with secure services and the governance and tools to protect them from cyber and security threats.
- Strong problem solving and fault diagnosis skills with logical and pragmatic solutions engineering.
- Technical experience that includes:
- Public Cloud Platforms, Azure (preferred), AWS, GCP or IBM Cloud
- Terraform, Docker
- Security by design
- Desirable/Additional skills:
- SQL, MYSQL, CI/CD, Linux, DevOps, Software Design Patterns
This is great opportunity to work at the forefront of academic research and help deliver solutions to real-world issues.
The company is a great employer offering exceptional work/life balance, flexible working, investment in training and development and the tools and technology to enhance your career.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765280
Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.