Spectrum IT's Fareham based retail client are looking to increase their IT Service Desk team and recruit an additional Contract 1st Line Support to join them on an initial 6 month contract (inside IR35). Please note this is a shift based role working 4 days "on" and then 4 days "off" (with hours between 8am-6pm or 9am-7pm).
Please note candidates for this role must be within commuting distance of the Fareham (Portsmouth) office.
As 1st Line Support you will be a primary contact point for the UK retail stores running technology and systems for processing of transactions at Point of Sale, CRM and consumer engaging digital experiences (Digital Signage, Social, Interactive Apps). For this reason candidates will need exceptional 1st line experience and a strong focus on customer service. to provide a high-level of service in relation to SLA's.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As part of the Level 1 support team, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for our UK retail stores for IT based issues, maintaining an exceptional level of customer service via phone and email.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support for desktop software and hardware technologies.
- Proactive monitoring of retail systems and servers.
- Daily systems monitoring and administrative operational processes.
- Escalating support tickets through Service NOW to our 2nd Line team and working directly with third party suppliers.
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software for in-store installations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high touch telephone manner.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, such as: Basic admin, review and update of knowledge base documentation and other items as defined by IT support lead.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in an IT support role at 1st line level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of retail systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Servers and Office packages
- Possess network infrastructure knowledge (specifically around WiFi networks)
- Experience of managing iOS devices in an enterprise (beneficial)
- Experience of SQL databases (or similar enterprise databases).
- Ability to schedule own workload prioritising to meet the business needs
- Capable of working on own initiative, with a proactive and organised approach
- Adapt to a varying role and be flexible in working style
- Good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Essential that you hold a full driving license.
Please apply with your updated CV to state your interest in this role.