For: Contract Backend Developer
Location: Fully Remote
Rate: £425 - £450 a day
Term: 3 months
IR35: Outside IR35
Spectrum IT are looking for an enthusiastic and forward thinking individual to join our clients project. The project is a dedicated team to build the next generation of their housing management system. It is being rebuilt from the ground up using the latest technology to deliver the leading web based solution for housing providers.
The backend Developer will be fully proficient in developing web-based applications. Skills in .NET (ASP.NET, VB.Net and C#), Classic ASP, SQL Server.
Along with providing quality and secure APIs, and experienced in all aspects of the SDLC, including agile development processes. As part of this role you will be expected to mentor, collaborate, and innovate based on Cloud best practice on the project.
- Responsible for designing and architecting parts of the system in accordance with the company's standards and procedures.
- Develop and support the system in accordance with the company's standards and procedures.
- Ensure the quality of software/templates in accordance with the company's standards and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in the project.
- Ensure development deadlines are met in line with business requirements.
- Continuously maintain and improve your own technical and product knowledge whilst assisting in improving the team's technical and product knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years experience in as a Backend Developer covering the skills required.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload, delivering results within sprint deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
- To work with a multi-disciplined team including software developers, test analysts and business analysts.
- Focussed and can consistently produce high-quality work.
- Be able to lead an agile team, mentor and develop team members and use your initiative and experience to support project progress.
- C# (v8, v9 or v10 experience)
- ASP.NET Core WebAPI
- .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 5.0 (moving to .Net 6.0)
- Entity Framework Core, with LINQ
- SQL Server (2008 and higher)
- GIT, TFS source control
- Unit Testing / Test Driven Development (NUnit, Moq, NSubstitue)
Nice to have
- Azure Function and Logic apps
- Microservice architecture knowledge / understanding
- Azure DevOps
- Agile (SCRUM)
- HTML / CSS
If suitable please apply or contact Natasha on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information