Spectrum IT's London based client are seeking an experienced Contract Database Technical Consultant to join them on an initial 6-month contract. This is a London office based role working onsite for the end client with occasional travel requirements (expensed/paid). This role has also been determined OUTSIDE IR35.
Spectrum's Client are a prominent global technology and safety business that provide leading safety services worldwide, as part of a large implementation and collaboration project with an end client you will play a leading role in installation, customisation and config of technical data focused products.
- Drive the installation, customization and configuration of fraud prevention products and provide technical assistance to clients
- Understand and explain functionality of fraud prevention products to business users
- Coach client in detailed data requirements for system package
- Assist clients in developing ETL and help perform data validation activities
- Support users through testing, UAT and product acceptance phases
- Act as liaison between the customer, IT and R&D sites across the globe
- Work at customer sites/periodical travel to end client offices (travel paid)
- Experience in working with various Database Management Systems, preferably SQL Server or Oracle.
- Must have strong SQL skills
- Previous experience with Actimize technology
- Excellent technical analysis skills
- Excellent working knowledge of at least two operating systems: Windows, UNIX or LINUX
- Excellent communication skills and client facing experience preferably in a Consulting or Professional Services capacity
- Knowledge financial/fraud prevention systems or Anti Money Laundering (AML) beneficial
- Software coding experience - desirable.
- Software test experience beneficial
- Experience using data warehousing platforms for ETL such as Informatica or DataStage - desirable
- Experience in web-services implementations, web application server installation and configuration - highly desirable
- Previous experience in implementation of software applications in the financial services industry highly desirable
- Knowledge of broker/dealer surveillance, anti-money laundering, risk management and/or anti-fraud highly desirable