Spectrum IT's Greater Portsmouth Client are seeking an experienced Contract Embedded Software Engineer to join them on an initial 3-to-6-month contract. This is a role with "hybrid" working - 2 days on site per week and it has been deemed OUTSIDE IR35.
As the Contract Embedded Software Engineer you will contribute to the design and implementation of embedded software for both new and existing products while taking on-board the specific requirements outlined by Engineering Manager.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of embedded software for new products considering all the requirements.
- Document and ensure test and validation of all software is completed to the appropriate level.
- Work closely with hardware engineering to ensure that the software makes best use of the hardware features.
- Fault find problems on current products, ensuring a full root cause analysis is performed.
- Work closely with other colleagues to produce prototypes of new products for approval.
- Implementation of software for production line testing and calibration
- Produce documentation to highest standards
- Involvement in the hardware design process, e.g. microcontroller selection
- Report any security event or area of concern or perceived weakness
- Comply with all ISO27001, ISO9001, ISO14001 controls, policies and procedures.
- C# / Visual Studio - for the ATE's PC code
- C / Atmel Studio/AVR XMEGA microcontrollers - for the ATE's embedded XMEGA (and also comms module and Enigma/Phocus firmware)
- Plus analogue/digital electronics - for the ATE circuit
- Ability to read circuit schematics and troubleshoot problems using an oscilloscope
- Beneficial Background skills:
- Assembly Language
- PIC Micro