Spectrum IT's Fareham based client are seeking to recruit a Contract IT Operations/Service Desk Lead to oversee end user services for UK retail stores upto 500+ locations.
The Service Desk is the primary contact point for UK Retail stores running technology and systems for processing of transactions at Point of Sale, CRM and consumer engaging digital experiences (Digital Signage, Social, Interactive Apps).
The successful candidate will be able to work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid working environment, based in Fareham with occasional travel to London. You will have strong leadership capability and experienced managing teams of 10-15 people with a background in developing coaching and mentoring staff, to ensure process for incidents, change and problem resolution are applied. You will also set high-level SLA goals and metrics and ensure the Service Desk are held accountable in achieving against these KPI's, continuously improving service levels and experiences for our brands and business.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify Service Delivery needs, for both current and future IT requirements and scale the service to meet needs of the business.
- Build an effective framework for managing and improving customer IT Support for the retail sector, developing single point of contact, data capture accuracy and managing SLA metrics as defined by the business.
- Service transition all new technologies effectively into the Service Desk, working with Project Managers and Tech Leads to transition to an operational "ready state"
- Provide necessary KPI metrics and trends, understand the metrics and use the insight to develop strategies to improve and gain efficiencies.
- Manage the operational support teams that provide functional support, managing demand and store planning services, alongside third-party vendors that contribute to the successful running of our organisation.
- Act as the escalation point for all requests and incidents, attend priority escalation calls as needed, post incident ensure effective root-cause analysis is undertaken and documented.
- Manage the full lifecycle of Service Desk operations, incidents and problems. Co-ordinate urgent and complex support issues and support the service desk analysts on a regular basis.
- Communicate effectively business impacting outages and remediation plans. Build formal templates and professional media to communicate with the business.
- Develop the efficiency of the Service Desk, build capability within the team and ensure adequate hours of cover and peak times are managed to rota. Assess scalability to meet future growth of our brands over the next five years.
- Communicate appropriately with internal customers (across all levels of the organisation), be the primary point of contact for service escalation and attend service delivery meetings as needed on a regular basis.
- Manage vendor relationships, tailor their service provision to meet emerging and changing business needs, share business and IT change plans, assess KPI metrics and partner to ensure continuous service improvement. Consistently drive down IT spend, whilst increasing performance.
- Be an integral team player, whilst providing HR related support for the Service Desk team daily.
- Develop effective career progression opportunities, build training plans and provide coaching and mentoring of the service desk as needed. Support and drive the annual Performance Development Process (Appraisal).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Desirable to have held five years' experience in Service Operations, business processes, information systems & technology.
- Familiarity with retail technical environments
- Excellent practical understanding of Incident Management, Change & Problem Resolution
- Create and review data and operational trends, to make recommendations to service improvements.
- Ability to analyse problems and present solutions to management or the business.
- Demonstrate previous experience in process change and enhancement to service design.
- Understanding of the latest technology advancements within relevant business processes.
- Knowledge of service strategy, design, transition, operation and continual service improvement.
- Managed a team of 8 or more, with demonstrated ability in coaching, mentoring and leadership skills.
- Retail Point of Sale and CRM technologies
- Windows 7 & Windows 10
- SQL 2008 & MySQL
- Microsoft Office, Office365
- Network & Infrastructure technologies
- Mobility & MDM product solutions