For: Contract Lead Software Engineer
Term: 3 Months
Location: Remote working with office work as required
IR35: Outside IR35
Spectrum IT are looking for a Contract Lead Software Engineer to contribute and apply the knowledge of tools, engineering principles. programming languages. and technical practices to how and what is built to produce well-crafted quality software. As part of a team you will provide technical leadership and implement improvements in working practices within the team. Act as a coach and mentor, providing support and advice to others and continuously be aware of emerging technological trends and propose new solutions and industry standard techniques. The Contract Lead Software Engineer will also Deliver new product features and enhancements as reliably and efficiently as possible while Liaising with Product Owners, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects, Engineers and QAs to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues.
- Getting code into production: ability to get code of all types - including new features, configuration changes, bug fixes and experiments- into production, or into the hands of users, safely and quickly in a sustainable
- Test Driven Development: designs and develops tests to specify and validate what the code will do with the goal to make the code clearer, simple and bug-free.
- Ability to write, maintain and design the business logic of a software application, the data or services requested are available, as well as create and maintain the core databases, data and application program interfaces (APis) to other backend
- Collaboration: works jointly with others to co-create and achieve a common This includes learning, practicing, and experimenting with tools, techniques and frameworks that foster collaborative working environments.
- Continuous integration: ability to write code in a way that supports continuous integration of code, that is, frequently committing changes to a single trunk or
- Continuous delivery/deployment: ability to use techniques to support continuous delivery or deployment of new
- Estimation: ability to apply various estimation techniques to predict the most realistic amount of effort required to develop or maintain software based on incomplete. uncertain, and noisy
- Ability to design, create and evolve user-facing applications to be scalable, maintainable, secure, aesthetic, and usable within the constraints imposed by the browser using a combination of languages, design skills and client-side scripts and
- Securing applications: ability to design and implement software which exhibits good security properties and that avoids common weaknesses and
- Clean code: applies state-of-art practices of software design and The understanding of the principles, patterns, and practices of writing clean code that is easy to evolve.
- Emotional intelligence: recognises, understands and manages their own emotions and recognises, understands shares and influences the emotions of others.
- Requirement analysis and articulation: ability to use relevant artifacts, approaches, and processes to understand and communicate what is required and when it is required.
- Coaching and mentoring fellow team members: able to build authentic relationships by involving individuals and effectively sharing information to empower development. Closely works with fellow colleagues to support decision making processes, resolve problems and develop skills and capabilities.
- Outwardly Looking: Proactively seeks ways to improve own experience and knowledge and to close any gaps. Pursues activities that stretch and develop skills.
- Capable of owning one or more components/services within the platform.
- Effective communication: ability to address different messages and different audiences in a customised manner not only to achieve clear communication, but also to provoke the desired action when necessary.
- Agile and Lean principles: works with team to continuously improve their Agile approach by guiding and championing Lean and Agile principles for achieving quality, adaptability, speed and alignment. This includes the practices, techniques and tools that support those principles, and an understanding of when things may or may not be applicable in a situation or context.
- Giving and receiving feedback solicits and engages with feedback on a continuous basis. Has timely, actionable and meaningful conversations about performance for the purpose of shaping behaviours and fostering learning, with the goal of strengthening confidence and improving the effectiveness of self and others.
- 5+ years of software development experience in C#
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- .NET frameworks
- Azure DevOps
- Cloud certification (Nice to have)
- Improving CI/CD practices: suggests improvements to existing practices in the team so that there is an uplift in the quality of the product.
If suitable please apply or contact Natasha on email@example.com for more information