For: Contract Ruby on Rails Developer
Term: 3 months
Location: Fully Remote
IR35: Outside IR35
Contract Ruby on Rails engineer needed to join a growing team to develop an exciting new private social network. The team work in an agile workflow with a focus on efficient development and short cycle times. Targeting pilot launch in just a few months' time, it's a great time to be working on this project!
- Developing the APIs and backend program for new features
- Writing Postgres database migrations
- Writing tests to ensure stability
- Reporting progress in daily standups
- Code review
Project tech stack
- Ruby on Rails (JSON API backend)
- PostgreSQL Database
- js + vuex
- Heroku deployment
- AWS, Mailchimp, Stripe
- iOS (Swift) and Android (Java) apps
- Strong software engineering background.
- Mid-senior level experience with Ruby on Rails and some variant of SQL.
- Experience with lean approach (small release cycles, agile workflows, CI/CD).
- Team player who is flexible, enthusiastic and has an energetic personality.
- Development leadership experience preferred.
If suitable please apply or contact Natasha on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information