Spectrum IT's client are seeking an experienced and senior Contract Scrum Master to join them on an initial 6-month contract. This is a remote working role with very occasional / quarterly office visits (Newcastle) and this role has been deemed inside IR35.
As the Contract Senior Scrum Master you will be both highly experienced and detailed orientated with regards to scrum practices. You will drive standards and facilitate a true scrum approach to current projects to create a strong flow through sprints and enable the team to meet tight deadlines. Working across multiple teams, you will play a key role in the business and current software integration work. You will work alongside Senior Stakeholders, Software Developers and Product Owners while reporting into the Delivery Lead. A mindset of continuous improvement is essential for this key role.
- Facilitate scrum meetings and ceremonies e.g. sprint planning; backlog refinement; stand-ups; show and tells (aka sprint reviews) and retrospectives
- Work with the Product Owners to ensure the product backlogs are refined and maintained
- Help to resolve impediments/blockers for the delivery teams
- Report on progress of the delivery teams
- Drive development coordination and help with the delivery of new project features
- Support the team leads to accomplish current project plans
- Provide regular updates to Stakeholders to reduce surprises during sprint cycles
- Actively identify areas of improvement within the Software Developer Life Cycle
Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working within an Agile methodology environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Software delivery life cycle
- Scrum experience with software projects highly beneficial (Java, Angular, Azure Cloud & C#)
- Strong ability to manage teams and refocus to project deadlines
For more information and to submit your interest, please apply with an updated CV.