For: Contract Service Desk Manager
Location: Remote with occasional travel to the office for meetings (Winchester)
Term: 3 months
Rate: Negotiable DOE
DBS Check required
Spectrum IT are recruiting for a Contract Service Desk Manager to join one of our clients teams on a 3 month contract and you will be responsible for the management and support of our business-critical applications.
You will manage third party providers and work with internal colleagues to ensure systems fully meet business requirements and that the business is getting full value from the systems. You will also manage the support organisation, consisting of external providers and your team members overseeing the creation and implementation of the necessary processes, procedures and tools to ensure best in class application support.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Own the strategy for providing application support to all business-critical applications across the organisation.
- Keep abreast of latest features released by application suppliers and advise the business on best use of applications.
- Implement a robust programme of documentation & application management based on ITIL principles.
- Manage all external application and support service providers to ensure they are meeting SLAs and providing the service the organisation requires. Includes regular service review meetings, contract management and cost management.
- Management of all IT Information Security Major Incidents.
- Act as subject matter expert for all business-critical applications.
- Provide an escalation point for all application support matters.
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Manage the external first line and desk top support supplier.
- Line and work management for Team Members providing second line support.
- Manage the delivery of third line support fixes (from external suppliers or internal teams).
- Ensure change control for all business applications and ensure thorough System/UAT testing prior to a full and controlled release.
- Communicate application roadmaps and how they will benefit the business.
- Monitor and report KPIs, such as support tickets raised, open, resolved and application availability.
- Manage and maintain application knowledge bases to enable business users to find information including how to guides and solutions to problems.
Skills & Experience Required
- Solid experience in an application support management role, ideally across a distributed organisation using both SaaS on on-premise solutions.
- 2nd and 3rd Line escalation
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement & innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Stakeholder management experience.
- A passion for delivering best in class application support service.
- Ability to work accurately and rapidly to tight deadlines, and demanding quality standards.
If suitable please apply or contact Natasha on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information