Spectrum IT's Hampshire client are seeking an experienced Deployment Engineer to work as part of a team supporting their end clients in the UK for an initial 6 month contract.
As the Contract Software Deployment Engineer you will take a Senior role within the software configuration team, you will mentor junior team members, create release schedules, project manage work packages and manage small to medium sized projects. A key part of the role involves the on-going deployment and maintenance of the client's products.
Roles and responsibilities
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be easily raised with an emphasis on continuous improvement and problem solving
- Leading technical aspects of the planning and delivery
- Ensure work package teams are practising the core principles of collaboration, prioritisation, team accountability, and visibility
- Perform resource allocations and workload assignments according to delivery requirements
- Report progress and work closely with senior stakeholders across delivery teams
- Work with the project managers on all matters regarding the delivery of projects relating to technical and quality delivery by the field teams.
- Receive and validate all relevant instructions from the client where required
- You will have experience running small to medium scale projects and accounts, with knowledge of road-mapping, pipelines and ongoing monitoring.
- Great communication skills and confidence liaising with both internal and external stakeholders across varying platforms. You should feel comfortable challenging briefs and articulating project requirements to a variety of individuals.
- Manage communication, preparation and training for releases
- Work with Development, QA and Infrastructure to ensure our software and services are being delivered effectively.
- Input into any required release documentation as required, working with the development and QA teams.
- Work with 1st and 2nd line support team to ensure any configuration or software issues have been escalated and managed properly.
- Previous experience in Technical Deployment or equivalent
- Must be able to demonstrate experience leading deployment activities
- Have some experience working in DevOps environment (beneficial)
- SQL Server - Stored Procedures etc.
- Management & delivery of small to medium sized projects (configuration, server upgrades, software releases etc.)
- Internal and external stake holder communication
For more information, please apply with your updated CV.