Spectrum IT are seeking an experience Contract Software Engineer to join our Hampshire based Client for an initial 3-6 month contract. This role is FULLY REMOTE WORKING and IR35 EXEMPT (small company exemption).
Contractors for this role will have relevant Software Engineer experience and will contribute to the development of our client's software solutions. This is a hands-on role, which will play an important part in the growth of the company and its product portfolio.
Key Responsibilities (may vary dependent on experience)
- Develop and optimise real-time software implementations of wireless communication signal processing, using x86 or ARM targets.
- Develop and optimise high-performance software drivers and APIs for hardware implementations of wireless communication signal processing, utilising technologies such as Linux, DPDK and PCIe.
- Contribute to the integration of software and hardware implementations of wireless communication signal processing into open-source reference systems, such as FlexRAN, O-RAN and Open Air Interface.
- Contribute to the design of software solutions through product lifecycle.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within substantial software projects using C++/C/Assembler.
- Linux development and deployment experience.
- GIT Version control and peer review.
- Solid experience in relevant field in industry
- Device Driver/Embedded RTOS experience.
- Strong OOD but also with appreciation of Data-Oriented Design and performance.
- SIMD intrinsic programming for Intel AVX, ARM Neon or equivalent.
- HPC (High Performance Computing) software solutions.
- Bare-metal Programming.
- GPGPU commercial development experience or strong personal interest.
- Experience of creating innovative solutions and documenting them.
- Appreciation of mobile communications systems
- Understanding of telecoms and/or semiconductor industries
- Use of CI/CD workflow.
- Use of JIRA workflow.
Please apply with an updated CV to state your interest. Please note Candidates for this role MUST be based in the UK.