Spectrum IT's Client are a large UK based energy provider who are currently undertaking extensive smart metering and customer technology update projects. To support these projects they are looking to hire an experienced Contract Solution Architect with extensive experience in the Energy/Gas/Electricity industry and a strong understanding with smart metering projects (Smets 1 & 2). Please note candidates for this role must have Energy/Gas/Electricity industry & Smart Metering experience to be considered.
This is a 6 month initial contract and as the Contract Solution Architect you will work FULLY REMOTELY to support the Smets 2 (smart metering) projects. This role has been deemed INSIDE IR35.
- Provide a full Smets2 offering to all customer types in line with industry timescales
- Enrol existing Smets1 meters to a central DCC platform to allow all Smart Smets1 meters to continue to be operated in Smart
- Provide the ability for the customer to switch supply to us within 24/48 hours
Key Areas of Focus
- Provide Technical subject matter expertise to the Smart Programme
- Define & document technical solutions for Smart Metering and energy systems
- Define & document designs in line with the Smart programme plans
- Providing Smart Metering industry and asset expertise where applicable
- Inputting Smart Metering expertise in areas such as Design, Build, Test, Deploy, Pilot etc.
- Inputting or driving relevant Smart Programme workshops
Essential Skills & Experience sought
- Expertise in Gas and Electricity industry
- Smart or Faster Switching experience (essential)
- Demonstrable skills in Testing large complex IT solutions and the production of high-quality written documentation.
- Strong experience building relationships with stakeholders and managing their expectations