Data Engineer & BI Analyst
A company who provide hiring services across the UK are seeking a Data Engineer & BI Analyst to join their team and take ownership of their data platform and insights for the business.
This is a great opportunity for a Data Engineer & BI Analyst to join the business and have overall responsibility for the data and insights in the business.
As a Data Engineer & BI Analyst you will be working across the business to best understand how data flows and then provide the best BI and Insights to help the business improve and grow.
The Data Engineer & BI Analyst will involve:
- Own the data platform (SQL Server), which aggregates information from external and internal data sources
- Support the Commercial, Sales, Marketing and Finance functions with ad-hoc reporting
- Accountable for understanding relationships between internal and external data sources
- Support the commercial team with external reporting (to customers) on an ad-hoc or periodical basis
- Accountable for governing a single source of data truth (e.g., revenue recognition)
- Ensure all ETLs / data transfers are running efficiently and are up to date.
- Supporting BI visual platform with dashboarding as well as linked-to-sql Excel spreadsheets Ensure all SSRS processes run efficiently and on time
- Accountable for developing a BI 'self-serve' culture across the organisation to avoid manual report creation
- Governance of management system data; ensure the quality of data going in maintains or improves the output/insight
- Create a strong working relationship with the finance, commercial and marketing teams to understand the broader picture of how data flows around the business.
- Accountable for scaling the data platform (and BI) infrastructure, when required
The successful Data Engineer & BI Analyst will have;
- Technical competence in managing data Infrastructure
- Ability to distribute BI and Insight across the business
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- 2+ years' experience writing SSMS SQL queries
- Advanced excel capabilities (allowing rapid manipulation of data to drive insights)
- Previous experience of either Tableau or PowerBI
- 2+ years' experience Visual Studio and SSRS
The role of Data Engineer & BI Analyst is paying up to £65,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
To be considered please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765301