Desktop Support Technician
An international company, based in Southampton is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to join their existing IT Service Desk Department to provide day to day support for existing IT Services.
This is a great opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician to develop their career further with a structured career path plan.
This is a varied role and as a Desktop Support Technician you will:
- Support users in the use of IT equipment by providing training and advice.
- To provide 1st line IT technical support; answer support queries via phone, email and service desk systems and to ensure all communication is documented.
- Allocate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member and, when required, arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Responsible for adopting and executing IT standards, policies, practices and procedures. Including, but not restricted to, SOX compliance.
- To take ownership of IT incidents and take a proactive approach when dealing with user issues. This includes regular communication and updates to end users.
- Assist in communications from IT to the business regarding service outages and maintenance, in both oral and written form in terms clearly understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
- To provide technical knowledge to colleagues and end users regarding client hardware, software, telephony and any business systems or processes around the client estate
The successful Desktop Support Technician will have experience with:
- Office 365 administration
- Experience of working in an IT Service Desk team
- Microsoft Office troubleshooting
- Active Directory account administration
- Experience of using and configuring Microsoft Operating Systems
- Proven experience of using and configuring Microsoft Operating Systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop Applications
- IP telephony systems (Avaya)
- Apple Mac OS
- Microsoft Exchange mailboxes and permissions
- Laptop, desktop and printer hardware
- Zebra scanner and printer support
- Mobile device support and management
The role of Desktop Support Technician is paying £20,000 - £24,000 with excellent benefits including, up to 26 days holiday, Pension, free parking and more.
To apply for the Desktop Support Technician please forward your CV to CameronGaffney@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301