Development Manager (Front End)
We are looking for a Development Manager to manage a team of React Front End Developers, developing their high profile SaaS.
With offices in Petersfield, Hampshire this role can be based in the office or fully remote for candidates in the UK.
You will guide and take responsibility for work delivered by a team of 6 Front End Developer and additional nearshore resources.
The role of Development Manager (Front End):
- Lead a team of software engineers to build solutions in accordance with the SDLC.
- Foster technical excellence in an agile development culture.
- Take ownership of all work developed by members of your team.
- Coach and support the development of team members.
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness.
- Oversight of external development resources from a technical perspective.
- Maintain a technical roadmap which future proofs the front-end application.
- Understand and collaboratively define the technologies, tools and processes used engineering team.
- Work closely with the wider leadership team to continually improve the delivery of the product.
- Drive the engineering team to build high quality code, making engineers understand quality standards and their value.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies both within your own team and when liaising with other teams.
- Develop knowledge of the products and the organisation's strategy.
- Coach engineers within your teams to build great, high quality products.
- Work in partnership with your counterpart Engineering Manager to continuously refine personal development frameworks for the team.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement for yourself, your team.
- Contributing to the development and enforcement of policies and procedures.
The successful Development Manager will have:
- An understanding of a11y best practices.
- Experience of working with co-located and remote engineers.
- Experience of Agile development design principles.
- Source version control, ideally Git.
- Development using industry standard best practices.
- Test driven development experience.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration solutions and best practice branching strategies.
The role of Development Manager (Front End) is paying up to £90,000 depending on experience with benefits including 25 days holiday, Healthcare, Pension and more.
To apply please send your CV to PatrickDaniel@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Patrick on 02380 765 281