Front end designer/developer - Digital agency
Up to 35k + benefits and remote working options
My Client is an award-winning digital marketing agency based Southampton. We work in a colourful and collaborative environment, where you will find an open-plan office, the opportunity for development and a flexible and friendly atmosphere. Their teams work on exciting projects, with a wide range of clients and are always at the forefront of new ideas and technologies.
The preferred candidate will have the mixed skill set of not only front-end design but also some hands-on development using HTML & CSS. Your role will include requirement gathering and quoting, wireframes and design, through to website build and sign-off. You will ideally have strong capabilities in responsive web design using Adobe XD or similar paired with the ability to critique clients existing or proposed solutions and offer ideas based on their project needs. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with current content management systems. We currently use Joomla and WordPress for a lot of our CMS work, and whilst experience in these systems is not essential it is desirable.
- Create wireframes, web designs and prototypes based on client project requirements
- Propose solutions to solve client problems
- Build websites using valid up to date CSS/HTML using WordPress or Joomla
- Collaborate with the design, development, digital and test teams to deliver high quality websites
- Manage client relationships, with strong communication in regards to project briefs, ideas and feedback
- Capable of producing highly creative web design output using Adobe Suite or similar
- Ability to critique clients existing or proposed solutions and offer ideas based on their project needs
- Up-to-date CSS and HTML skills (not just with a WYSIWYG such as Dreamweaver)
- Experience building websites in Content Management Systems
- Self-motivated, with great planning and time-management skills
- Ability to self-test work for accuracy and quality
- Good knowledge of jQuery (Desired but not essential)
- Joomla/WordPress experience (Desired but not essential)
Please note all candidates must be UK based with full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship. This role is not open to candidates looking to relocate to the area.
To apply or hear more details about this and other similar opportunities please contact SamStocks@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 304. Note that due to a large number of applications we can only contact those who wish to proceed with. If you do not hear back within 2 working days of your application please assume it was unsuccessful.