Front End Developer - WordPress (Remote)
Up to £40k per annum - Remote working with office visits twice per month
My client is one of the UKs largest and fastest growing technology distribution providers. The are currently looking for a talented front-end developer with experience in WordPress/WooCommerce sites to join their development team.
As a Front-End Developer, you will combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works, ensuring that all systems adhere to the agreed software development procedures and coding standards.
- UX/UI Design skills
- Technical skills as an OO / MVC developer
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- The ability to manage your time
- Demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modelling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology
- Ability to work within a team to translate requirements into technical designs
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of backend technologies, PHP (Beneficial)
What you will get
My client is a market leader offering excellent career progression opportunities. On top of this you will get an excellent benefits package and the flexibility to work from home or remotely the majority of the time with occasional office visits.
If you are interested in this role and want to hear more, please contact SamStocks@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 304
Please note although this role is primarily remote, candidates must be UK based and must be eligible to work without sponsorship or relocation to the UK. Applications requiring sponsorship or relocation will NOT be considered.