This is a remote role, inside IR35, 6 months initially. Have to pass SC clearance (resident of the UK for at least 5 years) and DBS check.
Spectrum IT are looking for a Contract Senior / Full Stack Software Developer to join our clients Greenfield R&D project and to be part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary Agile product team. They develop simple but highly effective web applications, and are passionate about writing good quality, highly testable, user-driven software.
The main technologies you will be working on are: React SPAs written in TypeScript and the backend you will be working with NodeJS.
- Design and develop quality software following best practice (e.g. SOLID principles for object oriented, also use functional programming, DRY, secure against OWASP Top 10, etc.)
- Work closely across the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the team delivers its commitments
- Embrace an inspect and adapt mindset to improve the development
- Promote knowledge sharing across the team and department, ensuring that we work as closely and effectively as possible
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Experience working in an environment with regular releases and CICD processes
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing with React, HTML, CSS and WCAG accessibility requirements
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) and SQL optimisation
- Knowledge of containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Detailed understanding of REST APIs and associated tools, libraries, and standards (e.g. OpenAPI, JSON Schema, Express, Hapi, Stoplight)
- Ability to deliver a complex software product from inception to completion, influencing design decisions and technology choices where appropriate
- Experience developing event-driven systems
- Experience using message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, ZeroMQ)
- Experience developing for high availability
- Knowledge of public cloud (AWS/GCP/ Azure)
- Experience with other front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular and Vue)
- Knowledge of other programming languages (C# and Java)