Head of Business Applications
A leading organisation operating within the logistics sector is looking for a Head of Business Applications to join their team in Southampton.
The Head of Business Applications will join an existing IT Team and will be responsible for managing the Solution Delivery Group and defining/managing the application architecture of the group.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Head of Business Applications to broaden their skills and experience.
The Head of Business Applications will:
- Direct the preparation, documentation, implementation and review of policies, procedures and standards for applications
- Lead or complete business analysis activities to collate functional and non-functional requirements for business change / technical projects
- Manage large scale IT project portfolios (budgets, resources, timescales) for a business unit. Ensure coordination of all aspects of a large, complex project involving multiple IT disciplines
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with the business and application owners and other IT managers. Work with business management to identify and prioritise application development needs, issues and development projects.
- Lead identification and appointment of relevant supplier contacts, oversee supplier compliance and escalate problems using standard escalation procedures. Maintain a relationship with the supply manager to manage effectively application and human resource scheduling.
- Facilitate the delivery of projects while balancing priorities, scope, approach, deliverables, milestones, risks and detailed resource and work plans
- Development of mitigation activities; contribute to the overall IT functional risk register
- Plan, oversee and manage global and/or regional software application selection and implementations to ensure minimal disruption to day-to-day business activities. Responsibilities include implementation and upgrade schedules, testing, stakeholder and change management, resourcing, communication, regional integration or specific functionality/use
- Provide management, coaching, leadership, development, and direction to the solution delivery team
- Have an overview on the enterprise architecture (business, application, data, infrastructure) roadmap in relation to the business roadmap
The Head of Business Applications will have the below experience:
- Strong proven people management and communication skills
- Up to date functional understanding of Architecture best practices
- Strategic thinker with the ability to apply practical actions
- Driven, results-oriented, service minded and a team player
- Functional knowledge of categories and types of systems and applications used in a global enterprise, ideally a logistics company.
- Customer focus
- Motivational leader/manager
- Delivery skills on complex projects
- Knowledge in sourcing and management of vendors and contracts
- Influencing skills
- Able to display initiative, good judgment and able to follow through to completion
- Strong Financial competence
- Commercially oriented, understands the principles of productivity and efficiency
- Good organisation skills
- Articulate, team player and leadership skills
- Project and programme management, prince 2 or equivalent qualifications.
- Ability to work in a high fast paced global environment, handle multiple deadlines & prioritize
- Good communication skills and the ability to secure a credible relationship with Senior management
This Head of Business Applications role is paying up to £85,000 plus benefits.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301