Head of Development
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 plus benefits and remote working options
(Split home and office working approach post COVID)
We are looking for a Head of Development to join an award-winning digital technology specialist based in Poole, Dorset. For the past five years they have been growing their internal IT team as well as delivering projects to a global customer and client base throughout Europe, North America and Australia.
Within this role you will be responsible for a team of developers each at differing levels of coding ability and providing them the opportunity for personal development and growth. There will be a certain amount of hands on within this position where you will help develop digital platforms, websites and web applications.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-growing digital environment. The role will be broad, varied with a range of challenges and opportunities that requires a committed and engaging individual with a long-term mindset.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ability to build high end, bespoke technical web applications and dynamic responsive websites
- QA your own work to fix, meet or even exceed delivery expectations
- Being part of the senior management team and together with driving business strategy and direction
- Work closely with the internal design and UX team and project managers to ensure projects are scoped and planned correctly
- Lead, manage and develop a team of developers
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Ensure that our products continue to converge as one platform
- Lead and progress the core platform transformation project as a top priority
- Drive forward new development projects to delivery within agreed timescales
- Organise, motivate, develop and as necessary, recruit, the software development teams
- Ensure software is appropriately configurable and customisable to meet customer needs
Skills & experience
- A technical appreciation and previous development history with a range of technology which might include:
- Combined business, software development management, team leadership, and technology experience
- Extensive people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
- 28 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765 808 for immediate consideration.