Head of Development - Mobile Apps - Consumer Services
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Mobile Apps Development with a market leading consumer services company boasting close to 1 million monthly subscribers!
The company is one of the leading digital consumer companies in Europe. They have a fantastic culture of leading through technology with a mission to become the most digitally enabled service within the sector. The service is delivered via mobile apps and is used by over 1 million subscribed customers every month with over 14,000 reviews on the Apple app store.
This requires a high calibre candidate to lead the delivery and performance of a talented mobile apps development function, 12 at present with significant growth planned for 2021/2022.
- Help to deliver the customer and product roadmap.
- Lead the team of developers and wider strategy team including Product Managers and UX Designers.
- Ensure the app is a market-leader for the 1m+ members using the app worldwide.
- Drive innovation, best practice and keep the team motivated and enthusiastic.
- The ideal candidate will have passion and enthusiasm for quality and best practice.
- Technically you will have demonstrable experience building & delivering iOS and Android mobile applications for fast-growing, consumer-facing organisations.
- You will be a champion of Object-Oriented programming and software engineering principles
Although you wont be performing the role of a developer, having a technical understanding of mobile apps design and development, OOP and Software Engineering principles is the framework of your leadership credentials.
Familiarity with the following technologies is expected:
BDD with Specflow or Gherkin Syntax, design patterns, rest API design and creation, Use of CI/CD tools (such as TeamCity/Octopus Deploy/DevOps Pipelines), IaC - Ansible/Terraform, Git, Azure PaaS products and Agile methodologies.
Salary, Benefits, Location:
The company have offices in Southampton & London and you will need to be present in the Southampton office on a weekly basis.
The company offers a competitive salary (£90,000 basic pa) along with a 25% bonus, generous pension, Pluralsight, training and much more.
How to apply...
If the scope of the role ticks the right boxes please get in touch asap.
Interviews are friendly and engaging and you wont have to spend hours on a technial challenge!
Get in touch ASAP. Hit Apply or contact Amy Lee at Spectrum IT Recruitment for more info.