Head of Software Development
£70,000 - £90,000 per annum + remote working options + benefits
Farnborough, Hampshire - Hybrid working week (2-3 days remote working from home)
Head of Software Development is required by a market leading company based in Farnborough, Hampshire who are offering a hybrid working week with 2-3 days remote working per week. My client is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to join their high performing and established software development team and will lead the creation and implementation of software development policy and procedure to ensure timely deliver of the organisations live platforms. The Head of Software Development will be responsible managing the resource requirements across the entire development team to ensure successful delivery of the businesses SaaS product suite.
The successful Head of Software Development will likely have familiarity working in a PHP and AWS environment. You will be joining at an exciting period of growth where the business is going through legacy transformation and play a pivotal role in the greenfield project taking place.
- Create, implement, and evolve an end-to-end software development process.
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities.
- Lead a team of software developers and testers. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team.
- To drive consistent coding standards and approaches throughout the development team, always adhering to security and data protection standards.
- To take control over critical support instances and put into place the correct escalation and resolution process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible.
- 5 years' experience as a Software Development Manager leading multi-disciplined teams
- SaaS product development environment experience
- Managing software projects that adhere to security and data protection as an integral part of development
- Proven experience authoring policies and coding best practice
- Worked within PHP development environment
- Worked with AWS would be highly advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This role offers someone to join a cutting-edge development team and become a pivotal part of the organisations growth. If you're interested in a role of this nature, please contact PhilipMeehan@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 289.
Keywords: Head of Software Development, Software Development Manager, Resource Management, PHP, AWS, Laravel, Vue.JS, Team Leadership, Best Practice, Security, Data Protection, Coding Principles, Farnborough, Hampshire