Head of Software / Software Engineering Manager
- Greenfield project, Financial Technology, Financial Fraud Prevention
- Up to £100k + 20% bonus, 15% pension, healthcare, 26 days annual leave and much more!
- Flexible remote working
I have a fantastic new opportunity for a talented Head of Software to join an award-winning technology company developing market leading security solutions for the financial services sector. A great company culture, innovative solutions and a highly talented team have aided in this company being the first-choice solutions vendor to some of the UK's most prestigious financial technology projects. It's a great place to work where you will learn, develop and feel constantly challenged professionally.
The role of Engineering Manager is to drive best practice and continuous improvement across development to ensure delivery of quality solutions for our customers. In this role, you will embrace an agile collaborative approach, building trust and fostering a high-performance culture that delivers exceptional outcomes for the company's customers. As part of the Leadership Team reporting to the Head of Software Development you will be pivotal in driving technology choices and improving technical skills of your teams.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-functional, geographically dispersed software teams.
- An excellent technical lead who can guide the technical vision and execution of a software project, initiatives or technology.
- Great at building strong, effective relationships with Product Owners and with other parts of the matrix technology organisation.
- Leading and encouraging collaboration between a mix of onshore and offshore teams.
- Able to collaborate with Architecture colleagues, contributing to strategy to build the product, and execute the technical delivery to build high performing products on a global scale.
- Drive and enforce coding standards and best practice across all teams and technologies.
- Responsible for the team culture, ways of working and overall growth of the people.
- Pivotal role in deciding technical direction for software products
- Ensure the Product Roadmap is delivered on time and to budget
- Enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring others to enhance skills and strengthen teams
Technical Skills & Summary:
Although your primary role will not be coding, you are expected to contribute to technical decision making and aid in designing, architecting and development meaning you do need a practical understanding of modern software development.
Summary of tech skills & experience:
- Proven track record of manging and coaching agile teams
- API Gateway
- Managing development as part of CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to review and interpret code
- Azure DevOps
- Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban, scrum at scale)
Apply now, hit apply to upload your CV or contact Dave Carlisle at Spectrum IT Recruitment for more info. DaveCarlisle@SpectrumIT.co.uk