Head of Software Engineering
£90,000 - £110,000 + remote working + benefits
Berkshire - Remote working
Head of Software Engineering required to join an established software function with aggressive growth plans who are based in Berkshire, who are offering fully remote working options. The business is going through a period of technology driven transformation with the in-house development central to the strategy and its success. The Head of Engineering is a pivotal role who will lead the software development team in delivering complex web and mobile applications. It is essential that the candidate comes from a SaaS product/web application background who can take product requirements and lead a team to deliver those technical solutions and bring them to life. The Head of Software Engineering will collaborate closely with senior stakeholders and be responsible for a 25 strong engineering team with 6 direct reports across multiple disciplines including Development, QA, DevOps, Scrum Master and technical architecture.
The successful candidate will be spearheading the technical strategy and roadmap whilst ensuring the best and most efficient engineering practices are being adhered to and likely to have experience in the following areas.
- Extensive software engineering/ development leadership experience.
- Demonstrate experience overseeing technical delivery of complex SaaS web applications.
- Ability to understand product vision and road map and lead teams to be able to design and deliver these solutions
- Management of Agile technical teams (tech leads reporting into you) across Development, Architecture, DevOps, QA.
- Provide technical leadership, ability to set architectural strategy/ product vision and delivery.
- Experience decomposing monolith into microservices or general strong microservices experience
- Familiarity with PHP, Node.JS, React, AWS, TypeScript, microservices, CI/CD environments would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Strong Stakeholder management experience - dev team through to CEO level.
- Strong people skills with proven experience of leading high performing software teams.
This is not a hands-on technical role; it is more about technical leadership of a team to rapidly delivery product solutions. However, you must be able to lead the team at a technical level, setting the technical direction, making technical decisions, selecting appropriate technical architecture and solutions, ensuring coding and security best practices. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Software to make a real difference to society with an ethical software product that utilises cutting edge technology that's changing people's lives for the better.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration to philipmeehan@spectrumIT.co.uk
Keywords: Head of Software Engineering, Head of Software Development, Head of Development, Technical Leadership, Agile, CI/CD, NodeJS, PHP, React, AWS, TypeScript, DevOps, Remote Working