Head of Software Engineering - Cyber Security
Cyber & Digital crime is at an all-time high and the risk in maintaining public safety has never been so critical.
This technology innovator work with a range companies in counter terrorism, law enforcement, cyber security and charity organisations to protect society against the threats of the darknet.
The role of Head of Software Development is to lead, grow and cultivate a high performance development team building the solutions that safeguard public interests and people. Leading from the front you will drive the development of innovative next generation solutions, contributing ideas for future products and services, and making a direct and meaningful impact on the future of darknet security.
You will need excellent organisational leadership experience and to be a strategic problem solver. You will collaborate with the CTO and Head of Product and through engaging leadership connect with engineers and developer to install solid foundations of software design and development. You will need experience of modern cloud deployment and architecture, object oriented programming and the ability to build and oversee the development of robust and scalable solutions.
You will be able to make a significant contribution to the development and evolution of this fantastic company.
As well as a generous salary you will be given stock options in the business to profit from the growth and success that comes from your significant contribution.
- Help to build and roadmap the technology foundations that will drive product architecture and development
- Leading the team through management and mentorship.
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Recommending technological developments and improvements inefficiency.
- Developing the team to ensure quality end products.
- Helping to identify and hire future recruits within the software team
- Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree.
- Strong organisational leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Extensive experience in software design, development of cloud customer-orientated platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
- Up to £90,000 basic salary dependent on experience
- Company pension contribution
- Annual bonus dependent on performance
- Stock options
- Friendly working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Location; near Cosham, Fareham, Portsmouth. Hampshire.
- This role is office based so applicants must be able and willing to work in Hampshire, UK.
If you are interested in this role please hit apply or send your CV to SteveWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk. Alternatively contact Steve Wright at Spectrum IT Recruitment for a confidential discussion.