A school in the Dorset area are seeking an experienced IT Manager to join the them and lead their IT Department.
The IT Manager will join an existing IT Team and will ensure the smooth running of their IT Infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT Manager to take responsibility for the IT Infrastructure and manage a small team.
The IT Manager will:
- Contribute to the IT Strategy
- Liaise and cooperate with senior management to drive the IT Learning Strategy and IT Vision
- Stay technical up to date with IT Developments in the education sector and advise school management and governors accordingly
- Ensure adequate maintenance and support of all systems
- Maintain and implement a rolling upgrade plan
- Cooperate with external suppliers and schools estates team to arrange the installation of systems hardware and network cabling as required
- Ensure IT Systems and Infrastructure are configured, administered and managed for optimal performance and security
- Provide Assistance, guidance and support to staff and pupils where needed
- Maintain high levels of security across all systems and infrastructure with focus on health and safety for all staff and pupils
- Manage, guide and advise IT department staff ensuring appropriate training & development, delegation of tasks and carry out regular performance reviews
- Prepare periodic cost budgets subject to budget approval process and managing operations of the department within agreed budgets
- Maintain fill records and documents of processes and policies within the department
The IT Manager will have the below experience:
- 7+ years' experience in IT Support in a service environment
- Experience with Office 365, Azure AD, Intune and Windows Server
- Effective communication skills across all levels including senior management
- Network skills - Firewalls, Switches, Routers
- Good all round knowledge of LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi (Ruckus)
- Experience of IT Hardware and operating systems
- Ability to motivate, manage and support a team to work in a proactive and collaborative manner
- Virtualisation experience - Ideally Hyper-V
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
- Able to follow existing procedures and make suggestions on improving policies and procedures
- Experience managing external support contracts and subcontractors
- Strong attention to detail
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure
This IT Manager role is paying up to £40,000 with excellent benefits including: 25 days holiday, pension, reduced school fees and free lunch.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301