Experienced IT Support Engineer required by an academic trust organisation based in Hampshire. This successful IT Support Engineer will manage the servers, networks, hardware, and software installations across a number of schools in Southampton and Portsmouth. As the IT Support Engineer, you will be working across multiple sites and as such will need a full UK driving license and your own vehicle. Mileage allowance will be paid.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for
- Installing standalone software, configure software and provide simple software guides
- Maintaining software inventory and file licences ensuring compliance with legal licensing requirements
- Troubleshooting software problems, including compatibility across different versions
- Installing network software as well as stand-alone software, liaising with support staff to ensure smooth integration onto all PCs including lap-tops for use by children and staff
- Ensuring the security marking and recording of all new hardware and maintain inventories of all equipment in the school, service, and maintenance arrangements
- Ensuring Backups are running and kept safely for the schools
- Ensure that the school networks run efficiently, providing technical support on hardware and software problems, investigating faults, and liaising with support companies where necessary
- Investigating, diagnosing, and providing first line maintenance in network problems, seeking assistance from support companies where necessary
- Ensuring new equipment including PCs, data projectors, electronic white boards, digital cameras etc. is suitable to meet the needs of users, offering support and training as required
- The maintenance of all computer hardware (subject to equipment warranty and within level of competence) on a regular basis to ensure a high standard of maintenance to all IT equipment including checking of leads, cleaning screens, mice, keyboards etc.
Key technical experience
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Management and effective use of it
- DNS and DHCP
- MDT, WDS, and Hyper-V
PowerShell experience would be an advantageous but is not essential.
Company benefits include enhanced pension contribution, above average annual leave, personalised training and development plans and various health and wellbeing related benefits. If you are seeking a role of this nature, please get in touch for more information.