IT Support Engineer - Basingstoke
£30,000 - £35,000
This is an Onsite Position.
I have a fantastic new opportunity for a talented IT Support Engineer to join an award-winning technology company who develop market leading security solutions for the financial services sector. A great company culture, innovative solutions and a highly talented team have aided in this company being the first-choice solutions vendor to some of the UK's most prestigious financial technology projects. It's a great place to work where you will learn, develop and feel constantly challenged professionally.
This role will involve troubleshooting problem areas (in person, by telephone, messaging, or email) in a timely and accurate fashion, where possible presenting a first-time fix to minimise client downtime. The post holder will also be expected to participate in the client call process, answering calls on the Service Desk number, or responding to incidents logged through our portal by end user clients.
- Pension Scheme
- Managed Health Care Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday Flex Scheme
- Share Save Scheme
What Will I Be Doing:
* Ensure that all tickets raised via our ITSM portal, telephone or walk up are logged, triaged, and managed through to resolution within agreed SLA's
* Ensure triage of tickets is performed to a high standard so that tickets are prioritised correctly, and trends can be successfully identified
* Ensure tickets assigned to the IT Support team are prioritised, with actions to resolve or fulfil tickets scheduled promptly and our customers are kept regularly updated in line with team KPI's.
* Perform 1st/ 2nd line diagnostics and resolve when appropriate, record, track and document the Service Desk problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and if necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
* Perform post-resolution follow-ups with end users who have logged calls.
* Administer telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response and video conferencing systems.
* Configuration of Mobile Devices
* Perform troubleshooting steps for each ticket, documenting all steps taken to provide a high first contact fix rate as per knowledge articles
* Escalate any problems encountered when trying to resolve or fulfil tickets to the appropriate line manager immediately to reduce downtime for customers
* Ensure that knowledge articles with published processes are adhered to, performing the actions as specified in the documentation, escalating where appropriate if the process fails
* Provide guidance to all customers so they understand how to best use their devices and software, as well as educating them on the appropriate use of IT systems
* Install, configure, and maintain end user hardware, software, and peripherals - including but not limited to ensuring security patches applied to device, drivers are installed, and software is running on the most recent approved version
Skills / Previous experience:
* Previous experience working in a 1st and/or 2nd line IT Support role.
* Working knowledge and experience of using an IT ticketing system
* Strong customer-service orientation.
* Experience of working in a demanding customer-service focused role
* Proven experience of working to tight deadlines
* Proven experience of managing multiple priorities
* Knowledge of PC hardware, software, and their components in a business environment
* Knowledge of Office365 including, but not limited to Teams, SharePoint, Outlook
* Proven troubleshooting skills
* Proven working knowledge of operating systems (Windows primarily) and ISO standards
* Team player with a strong attention to detail
* Positive attitude with a proactive approach to work
Please note that Security clearance will be required for this position.
Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.