IT Systems Engineer
Salary up to £65,000
- Extensive new project pipeline
- Training provided in modern tech
- Investment in new technology and software
IT Systems Engineer required by a growing technology company providing software solutions for customers across the globe. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join an established company to support customers and internal users.
The company are looking for a Systems engineer to become part of their team supporting both BAU and project work for the business and its customers. This would be an excellent opportunity for an established Systems engineer or infrastructure engineer to move into a varied and technically challenging environment within a large, international provider of software solutions.
The core responsibilities will be:
- Implementing small-scale infrastructure projects into both customer and internal systems.
- Maintain existing infrastructure solutions, perform routine administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Working closely the Infrastructure Lead to suggest improvements and upgrades to IT infrastructure
- Performance analysis, tuning and hardware upgrades
- Responsible for the support of critical physical and virtual server infrastructure
Experience in the following areas is essential:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2019
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft System Centre Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V clusters
Experience with the following is beneficial:
- SonicWALL firewall appliances
- Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- PowerShell Scripting
- Industry best-practices (such as RBAC, least-privilege access etc.)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Citrix (Virtual Apps, NetScaler)
- Core networking - routing, VLANs, switching, firewalls, load-balancers
The company are able to offer fully remote working with infrequent visits to customer sites and datacentres when required.
Candidates must be based in the UK. All candidates applying must be eligible to work in the UK wihtout restriction and, ideally, have a valid driving license.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-moving, interesting business, at a time of growth then please apply to this advert or contact me via our website or LinkedIn. Jack Hewitt-Coleman, Spectrum IT.