Junior IT Applications Engineer - Web Apps, MS SQL
- £25,000 - £35,000 plus bonus & benefits
- Office Based role in Southampton, Hampshire
- Graduates considered
** Applicants must be a UK resident
Our client is an award-winning software and systems specialist working on some of the UK's most high profile public safety projects. The provide central government and law enforcement agencies with the tools and technology to become the most digitally enabled task forces for the digital age.
Serving over 25,000 companies in more than 150 countries, this Fortune 100 company is an innovator in the field of digital forensics and communications.
- Provide 2nd & 3rd line product support to internal and external customers.
- Provisioning, deploying, patching and upgrading primarily enterprise cloud software.
- Working closely with the development team to ensure successful deployment of software packages.
- Defining and implementing regular maintenance and health monitoring procedures.
- Deploy and provision systems to enable replication of customer issues to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
- Participate in a 24-7 Out of Hours call out rota.
Skills & Experience:
- Windows server and client technology, ideally supporting web applications and services
- Experience in creating, modifying and running databases queries - SQL
- Network operations experience (firewalls, network security groups etc.)
- Experience running scripts from Linqpad, Powershell or similar
- Experience with web application and services configuration management.
Useful Skills (training provided):
- Experience of Azure Portal and familiarity with Azure services.
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience querying Web API's.
- Knowledge of Elastic Search and Kibana.
- Experience of configuring Application Monitoring and Dashboards.
- Experience of Programming and Scripting (e.g. C#, TSQL).
To apply, please send your CV to SteveWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk or contact Steve at Spectrum IT Recruitment for more information.