Lead PHP Developer
£75,000 - £85,000 per annum + benefits
Berkshire - Remote working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead PHP Developer to join an established and growing team located in Berkshire who are offering remote working with occaional office visits. The Lead PHP Developer will play crucial role in ensuring that the technical team are delivering greenfield solutions to the business. The Lead Developer will be acting as a technical expert and project lead as well and mentoring and supporting other developer within the team ensuring development of the code follow best practice. The successful candidate will be required to understand technical specifications and translate this to the team to turn into working code. The role requires a hands-on PHP developer with project lead experience and have skills in the following areas.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders to understand business goals and ensure that the development team & technologies used are aligned with these.
- Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design.
- Designing, building, and configuring applications to meet requirements
- Leading greenfield projects
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications
- Line managing and mentoring team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
- Resource planning and allocation
- Technical Leadership experience
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Object-Oriented Programming with PHP 7/8
- MVC framework - Symfony or Laravel
- Rest API's and test-driven development
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- CI/CD or DevOps environment experience
- Microservices' experience is highly desirable
- Any Node.js or React experience would be highly desirable
- Experience working with AWS services highly desirable
This role is offering a Lead PHP Developer a fantastic opportunity to work in a sector where technology innovation is spearheading the business. Please send your CV for immediate consideration to PhilipMeehan@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 289