Network Engineer required by a small managed services provider based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. The company deliver managed networking and storage solutions to a wide range of both enterprise and online clients.
Due to planned growth the company are seeking an experienced Network Eanager to play a key role in the deployment, management and troubleshooting of both inhouse and client infrastructure.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor client network environments
- Install, configure, test and maintain new platforms both internally and on behalf of clients
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of network and infrastructure availability
- React to network failures and troubleshoot issues through to resolution
- Participate in the design of new environments and general direction of network design and operation within the company and its clients
Experience in the following areas is sought. Full cross training would be provided for the successufl candidate. Expertise in all areas is not essential.
- Local Area Networks (LAN) - In-depth experience of ethernet and its use both locally and over extended distance via pseudo wire/VPLS
- BGP - Experience of BGP both as an EGP to integrate with other Autonomous systems, and within an AS especially in the context of distributing routes within isolated VRF's
- Firewalls - strong understanding of the principals and operation of stateful firewalls in general, and in particular the Cisco ASA range of devices
- HTTP Proxies - Appreciate of the use of proxies operating at layer 7 (http/https) to manage traffic flows and isolate web/application servers from malicious/disruptive requests
- Network support - knowledge and experience of protocols and services such as DNS/Radius/Syslog/TLS
- Security - Understanding the importance of security and the processes, architectures, and technical tools that are deployed to ensure security is maintained
This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role in a growing MSP. If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature, please get in touch for more information.