One of the UK's high-profile employers are seeking to add a Principal IT Delivery Lead to join their delivery team to take ownership of specific areas/functions and ensure IT Delivery from inception through to go-live, as well as ongoing support and maintenance of existing and newly delivered applications.
You will be responsible for a diverse team of up to 50 resource at any one time, be the key point of contact for the Business Area Director and work closely with the Technology and Change Director on Strategy/Roadmap planning.
You will be a key driving force in managing delivery performance and quality, build and maintain a team capable of delivering to meet business needs and be influential in defining the strategy and roadmap for specific business areas.
In the role of Principal IT Delivery Lead you will be responsible for;
- The design and delivery of IT work packages, taking ownership for the full development lifecycle
- Define the delivery methodology and tooling to optimise delivery efficiency and quality. This will include implementing appropriate DevOps capability
- Application Support & Maintenance (i.e. L3 Run activity) for Insurance Underwriter, Claims and Accident Management Operations IT Systems (including legacy estate)
- Manages the day-to-day supplier relationship(s) with our development and test partner(s), both onshore and offshore, ensuring the quality of delivery from each. This includes monitoring performance against agreed KPIs and driving continuous improvement.
- The timeline of those work packages, creating & maintaining detailed delivery plans, aligned to project deliveries
- Define/influence the technology strategy/Roadmap for a given business area (e.g. Claims)
- Creating a collaborative working environment that leads to the adoption and enhancement of Agile practices, where appropriate
- Manages resource scheduling and conflicts, escalating to their line manager where applicable
- Act as Insurance Broker IT point of contact for B2B tenders, Acquisitions and divestitures
- Defining/Refining the development approach for their team and ensuring adherence to the defined SDLC (Agile/Scrum and Waterfall) and supporting toolset across all deliveries
- End-to-end delivery of Insurance Broker Operations IT Projects & Small Change
- People management responsibility for multiple direct reports
- Delivery to the base-lined costs. This includes an effective Estimate Challenge process (both internal and supplier)
The successful Principal IT Delivery Lead will have the following experience;
- Experience of managing IT deliveries in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments
- Ability to translate end state business and technology models into delivery roadmaps
- Hands-on experience of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models)
- Experience of managing large offshore development teams across multiple vendors
- In depth knowledge of Insurance Personal Lines business with an Underwriter and Claims business
- Experience of managing complex IT delivery portfolios in excess of £3M per annum
- Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience
- Understanding of typical IT service delivery models
- In depth knowledge of the technologies to be supported (this will vary across the Delivery Manager roles)
- Experience of DevOps, Agile and Waterfall development methods, and tools
- Accomplished at Snr Stakeholder management, including Exec engagement and reporting. Flexibility in using a range of influencing styles to build strong sustainable relationships and demonstrate value
- Experience of managing medium, cross-functional delivery teams in excess of 20 people (perm and partner)
This Principal IT Delivery Lead role is paying up to £95,000 and comes with excellent benefits.
The role is a Hybrid based role with 2 days per week in office based in Basingstoke.
Apply now or contact Patrick Daniel at Spectrum IT Recruitment for more information on this Principal IT Delivery Lead role.