Senior Java software engineer
Up to 80k + Fully remote working
My client are a market leader in corporate software solutions to the veterinary industry. They provide complex software applications and solutions to over 1200 customers based in the UK and globally. As they continue to grow and acquire new business, they have an ongoing demand for talented java software engineers in the R&D department.
As a java software engineer you will participate in the process of re-engineering their cloud-based Practice Management System Platform to be more "cloud native", splitting out a core set of services (Java, Spring Boot) on Azure using App Services, Docker, Terraform, Redis etc…
- Strong knowledge the core Java language and ecosystem (They currently using Java 8)
- Experience with back-end engineering using Java Enterprise Edition or Spring, including RESTful API development
- Excellent understanding of SQL and working with databases
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment (they currently use Azure)
- Experience working with build tools such as Maven and CI solutions (Jenkins, Octopus)
- Experience with test frameworks for unit, integration, and API testing (we use JUnit, Mockito and Arquillian).
- Strong academic background in computer science and relevant related fields (ideally a BSc or MSc in software engineering)
- Knowledge of design patterns, basic use of algorithms and mathematical programming
- Web-application development technology with React/Angular.
- Experience with microservices based architecture
- Experience with Kubernetes solutions E.G. AKS and Docker, Terraform
If you are interested in this role and want to find out more, please contact SamStocks@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 304.
Please note candidates must be UK based and posses the right to work in the UK without sponsorship. Any candidates looking to relocate from oversees or requiring sponsorship cannot be considered.