Senior/Lead Network Engineer
Senior/Lead Network Engineer required by a small managed services provider based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. The company deliver managed networking, compute, and storage solutions to a wide range of both Enterprise and Online clients.
Due to planned growth the company are seeking an experienced Senior/Lead Network Engineer to take a leading role in the deployment, management and troubleshooting of both inhouse and client infrastructure.
The position includes the management of (currently) 1 Network Engineer, and therefore experience leading/managing Network Engineers will be preferred.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all Client network environments
- Install, configure, test and maintain new platforms both internally and on behalf of clients
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of network and infrastructure availability
- React to network failures and troubleshoot issues through to resolution
- Participate in the design of new environments and general direction of network design and operation within the company and its clients
- Local Area Networks (LAN) - In-depth experience of ethernet and its use both locally and over extended distance via pseudo wire/VPLS
- BGP - Experience of BGP both as an EGP to integrate with other Autonomous systems, and within an AS especially in the context of distributing routes within isolated VRF's
- Firewalls - strong understanding of the principals and operation of stateful firewalls in general, and in particular the Cisco ASA range of devices
- HTTP Proxies - Appreciate of the use of proxies operating at layer 7 (http/https) to manage traffic flows and isolate web/application servers from malicious/disruptive requests
- Network support - knowledge and experience of protocols and services such as DNS/Radius/Syslog/TLS
- Security - Understanding the importance of security and the processes, architectures, and technical tools that are deployed to ensure security is maintained
This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role in a growing MSP. If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature, please contact RyanOatley@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 286.