Senior Software Engineer with experience of 3GPP L1 PHY or 3GPP L2 MAC required by a high-tech company located in Southampton. Due to continued success and growth, they are looking to expand their existing software engineering team working on the development cutting edge wireless products in the 5G arena.
Remote working options available - typically 2/3 days a week in the office.
The successful Senior Software Engineer should have significant programming experience with C++, C and/or Assembler and is likely to have worked with either x86 (for L2) or ARM (for L1) targets.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for
- The development, optimisation, and test of real-time software implementations of wireless communication signal processing, using x86 for L2 or ARM for L1 targets.
- Supporting the design of software solutions through product lifecycle.
- The integration of implementations of wireless communication signal processing into open-source reference systems, eg FlexRAN, O-RAN and Open Air Interface.
- 3GPP L1 PHY or the 3GPP L2 MAC.
- Linux development and deployment.
- Use of CI/CD workflow.
- Use of development planning/tracking tools e.g. JIRA
- Git version control and peer review. -
- Solid knowledge of at least one scripting language e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, TCL
- Technical documentation writing - specifications, test plans etc.
Experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Object-Oriented Design & Data-Oriented Design and performance.
- SIMD intrinsic programming for Intel AVX, ARM Neon or equivalent.
- Bare-metal programming.
This is an opportunity to join a high-tech company offering the chance to play an integral role in the development of new products. If you are looking for a role of this nature please get in touch for more information.