Senior PHP Engineer
OOP, PHP, Symfony, LAMP, MySQL
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join an established and award winning apps development company within public transport. This innovative technology company have ambitious plans backed up with incredible growth and increasing demand. They have become one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
Working closely with the Head of Development you will work as part of the development and operations team helping to optimise, support and develop various systems for corporate and production usage on internal servers. You will be working on the Symfony framework which lives comfortably on AWS. You will be involved in the development and support of highly technical web services, web sites and support third party integrations and server maintenance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Requirements capture and design solutions to both product and technical problems
- Build new microservices from scratch following company standards
- Review PHP code from engineers
- Document system behaviour and implementations
- Champion for product value in the long term
- Recognise where others need help and step in as mentor where needed
This is a snapshot of the current tech environment and the areas you will need experience. You wont be expected to know all of this but the core of your experience will run in parallel...
- MySQL, SQL and NoSQL
- MVC Symfony (or something similar)
- CI/CD pipelines
The company has a huge road-map of new, big and exciting projects that will keep you on your toes and ensure you never get bored! You will work with and learn from some of the best IT Engineers in the industry and stay on the pulse of modern technology.
To apply for this position hit apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org