Simulation Engineer (C#, WPF)
Remote Working (with occasional visits to the office - Farnborough)
Up to £60,000 per annum
My client is an accredited Microsoft Partner specialising in developing and delivering bespoke software solutions to a range of clients in the defence and security industries. They are acknowledged by our clients as a leading provider of virtual reality and immersive simulation-based training.
We currently have a requirement for an Engineer to join the Simulation Team. The team are involved in a wide range of exciting projects which include:
- Designing the simulation of autonomous vehicles for land and air (drones and tracked vehicles). The team deploy to training areas to observe live military exercises and how the vehicles are operated and used. They then develop the software to produce the simulation.
- Supporting exercises that have a mix of live and virtual training using Hololens headsets, fixing any technical problems in real time and ensuring the troops experience a seamless training exercise.
- Projects that include motion platform technology for a small boat training system involving complex hardware and software integration. A Virtual Reality project where the team designed the scenario and captured the data from the users actions (movement, steering and collisions etc).
- Involvement in large scale Army exercises of up to 200 participants using simulations of future force equipment (innovations in weapon systems) to analysis what benefits are identified.
You will need to have proven experience of one or more of the following skills:
- Unity, Unreal (or other game engines)
- Basic networking
- Challenging and varied projects
- 26 days' annual leave, rising to 30 days after qualifying period
- Healthy work/life balance (flexitime/remote working)
- Company funded personal project development scheme
- 6% Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Secure cycle storage and shower facilities
- Refurbished, riverside office location
- Social events
All applicants need to be eligible for Security Clearance so either UK nationals or settled in the UK and lived here for at least 5 years otherwise clearance will not be granted.
This is a really exciting opportunity, do not delay in sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on LinkedIN