Software Development Manager / Lead (hands on)
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 plus benefits and remote working options
(Split home and office working approach post COVID)
LAMP, PHP, AWS, iOS
We are looking for a hands on Software Development Manager / Lead to join an award-winning SME Tech specialist based in Romsey, Hampshire. For over 30 years this independent tech specialist has been developing B2B ecommerce solutions for many household retail brands.
With a progressive and forward-thinking mindset, they are seeking to drive their product and teams in to the future of cloud services and stay ahead of the curve in both technology and innovation.
Key to the role is to become a trusted member of the management team and work closely with the Manging Director.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for product software development including PHP, iOS, and AWS
- Being part of the senior management team and together with driving business strategy and direction
- Identify appropriate development technologies, database options, third party product and service providers
- Be involved in employee engagement strategy
- Ensure that our products continue to converge as one platform
- Lead and progress the core platform transformation project as a top priority.
- Drive forward new development projects to delivery within agreed timescales
- Organise, motivate, develop and as necessary, recruit, the software development teams
- Ensure software is appropriately configurable and customisable to meet customer needs
Skills & experience
- A technical appreciation and previous development history with a range of technology which might include:
- Experience working with SME (Small to Medium Sized) Technology businesses
- Combined business, software development management, team leadership, and technology experience
- Extensive people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a small company environment. The role will be broad, varied with a range of challenges and opportunities that requires a committed and engaging individual with a long term mindset.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: £60,000 -£65,000
- Healthcare & travel insurance
- Annual bonus based on business performance
- Flexible working
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765 808 for immediate consideration.