Software Development Manager / Technical Lead
- Software & Systems Development
- Simulation, Training, Situation Awareness
- Solutions design, architecture & delivery
- MoD Projects
Location: Hampshire. Hybrid.
Salary - £65,000 - £80,000 + 10% bonus & benefits
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Software Development Manager/Technical Lead to be a key contributor in designing and delivering innovative, mission-critical software solutions within the MoD. Working closely with cross-functional teams to provide technical leadership, solutions design and to lead client engagement and project delivery of a range of projects from 3 months to 2 years with a team of up to 15 engineers.
- Technical Leadership: Provide guidance, mentorship, and technical advice to development teams, to ensure high standards of coding, documentation and delivery.
- Requirements Analysis: Analyse and understand customer & project requirements to develop effective technical solutions
- Solution Design: Collaborate with stakeholders to define the architecture and design of software solutions that meet the needs of the customer.
- Coding and Development: contributing to the implementation of software solutions in C++, Java, C#, and Python.
- Agile Methodologies: Champion Agile methodologies and ensure project teams follow Agile practices for efficient project delivery.
- System Integration: Oversee the integration of various software components and systems to ensure seamless operation and compatibility.
- Quality Assurance: Establish and maintain quality control standards and conduct regular code reviews to guarantee the highest quality of software.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and issues in projects and develop mitigation strategies to minimise project disruptions.
About you - Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as a Delivery Lead, Technical Lead and/or Development Manager.
- Programming and architecture skills in Object Oriented and Server-Side technology, i.e. C++, Java, C#, Python.
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and project management.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Experience in technical leadership and mentoring.
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- Agile certified
- Previous experience with Ministry of Defence projects or similar government agencies.
- Knowledge of simulation software and the use of immersive technologies such as VR, AR and 3D rendering.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a British Passport.
To apply, please send your CV to DaveCarlisle@Spectrumit.co.uk, or hit apply and upload your CV and profile.
Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.