Software Engineer, C++ or C#
Simulation Training, MoD
Remote Working / Hybrid - Office is in Farnborough
£30,000 - £65,000
We have an exciting newly created opportunity to help design and document tactical simulation training on behalf of a global MoD consultancy.
As part of a large new project initiative the company are expanding their training solutions department and have created several new job opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to work on new product design and development, working from concept phase with customers through to design, development, and delivery.
You will be working on the backend development of simulated training systems including Artificial Intelligence, AR and VR technologies and mathematical modelling, to support current MOD requirements as well as undertaking research for the next generation of simulation systems to support UK force development.
Activities include software development, support to training, technology research and experimentation into how the Military can best use simulation/synthetic environments.
Working in a fast-paced Agile Development environment, you will enjoy the variety and challenges that working on multiple projects brings.
Day to day activities include, but are not limited to:
- The design and development of efficient and effective code
- Design and implement tests, using automated integration and testing tools
- Participate in project agile reviews
- Working with your colleagues on problem resolution
- Dealing with clients
- Programming skills in C++ or C#
- Problem solving nature
- Strong organisational and communications skills
- Ideally a degree in a relevant subject (i.e. Computer Science or science or numerical related) but experience in lieu will be considered
Due to the nature of the work, this role requires the successful candidate to undergo security clearance. You should therefore be eligible to be security cleared in line with UK Government requirements and have been resident in the UK for the last five years.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this this exciting role.