Technical Solutions Lead - Software R&D - MoD
- Software & Systems Development
- Solutions Design, Architecture & Delivery
- Simulation, Training, Situation Awareness
- MoD Projects
Location: Hampshire, UK. Remote/Hybrid
Salary: - up to £75,000 + 10% Bonus, pension, flexible working
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Solutions Architect / Technical Lead to play a critical role in designing and delivering innovative, mission-critical software solutions within the MoD.
Our client is an award-winning MoD consultancy using modern and immersive technologies to deliver situational awareness training to front line armed forces across land, air and sea.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide technical leadership; solutions design and architecture (software) and to lead client engagement and project delivery. The ideal candidate will come from a software development background and understand object-oriented programming. Although you won't be developing code every day, the appreciation of development process and technology will enable you to translate customer requirements, design and architect solutions and set achievable goals with the development team.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as a Solutions Architect or Technical Lead, preferably in the defence or government sector.
- Experienced with customer engagement for full lifecycle software project enablement; scope, design, delivery.
- Strong software design, programming and architecture skills in object oriented and server-side technology, i.e. C++, Java, C#, Python.
- Knowledge of software, systems and hardware integration is highly beneficial.
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and project management.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Experience in technical leadership and mentoring.
- Relevant certifications in software architecture and development.
- Knowledge of simulation software and the use of immersive technologies such as VR, AR and 3D rendering.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a British Passport.
To apply, please send your CV and any covering information to StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk
Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.