Technical Support Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000
- Training on modern technology
- Support in gaining certifications and qualifications
- Local, well-established client base
Technical Support Engineer required by a successful managed service provider based in Basingstoke. Due to continued success and growth, they are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 2nd & occasional 3rd line support to clients and escalating issues where required. The company offers an innovative working environment with the chance to gain experience working with the latest technologies.
This position will involve project work as well as BAU so the day-to-day will be varied with lots of exposure to modern technology and plenty of training / progression opportunities into 3rd line infrastructure and system support.
The successful Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing 2ndline support for customers
- Managing and escalating issues where necessary
- Supporting the Service Delivery Manager
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Working in a varied environment on a range of IT projects
- Experience in a 2nd Line support role
- Understanding of Windows Server technologies
- Working knowledge of Office 365
- Experience working with Active Directory
- VMWare virtualisation and back up technologies
- Familiarity with networking technologies (including Firewalls)
- Prior experience in an MSP environment is advantageous but not essential
The company are based in Basingstoke and the position would require someone to be in the office at least 3 days per week due to the nature of the business.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-moving, interesting business, at a time of growth then please apply to this advert or contact me via our website or LinkedIn. Jack Hewitt-Coleman, Spectrum IT.
All candidates applying must be eligible to work in the UK and able to commute to Basingstoke.